Odessa, Texas (April 17, 2014) – Harlow Sammons Racing (HSR) and NHRA Pro Stock driver Chris McGaha announced today the launch of an online contest awarding one lucky fan a special HSR prize pack, just in time for the return of the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series to the Lone Star State for the O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA SpringNationals at Royal Purple Raceway, April 25-27, 2014.
McGaha, in the midst of his fourth season as an NHRA Pro Stock driver, was born and raised in Odessa, Texas.
"It's always real special for us to come home and race in Texas, and we're fortunate that we get to do that two times a year – next weekend in Houston and later in the season in Dallas," said McGaha, who was the No. 1 qualifier earlier this season in Phoenix and at the most recent event on the tour, the Four-Wide Nationals in Charlotte. "You always hope that racing at home will bring you a little luck, but maybe what we need to do to generate that luck is share it with someone else."
The HSR prize pack will include one (1) Harlow Sammons Racing t-shirt; one (1) Harlow Sammons of Odessa hat; and one (1) Harlow Sammons Racing handout card, autographed by McGaha.
To be eligible, fans must:
- Have a Twitter account
- Retweet Chris McGaha's contest announcement, including a mention of @mac4264 and using hashtag #HSRTexas
- Follow Chris McGaha (@mac4264) and Harlow Sammons Racing (@HarlowSammons)
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY ONE ENTRY ALLOWED PER PERSON; MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The contest will start on Thursday, April 16, 2014 at 9:00am Central Time and run through Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 11:59pm Central Time. The contest winner will be selected in a random drawing and announced at 9:00am Central Time on Sunday, April 27, 2014. The HSR prize pack will be mailed to the lucky winner.
Chris McGaha and Harlow Sammons RacingTM HSRTexas Twitter Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The HSRTexas Twitter Contest (the "Contest”), sponsored by Harlow Sammons Racing (the "Sponsor”), is governed by these Official Rules. To enter, you (“you” or “Participant”) must be 18 years of age or older, a resident of the United States of America, and a member of Twitter at the start of the Contest Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate. Employees of Harlow Sammons and its affiliates are ineligible. One entry per person.
2. THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 6:00am EST on April 16, 2014 and concludes at 11:59pm EST on April 27, 2014 ("Contest Entry Period"). Participants can only win ONE (1) time throughout the contest.
3. TO ENTER: Sponsor will give away one (1) Harlow Sammons Racing t-shirt; one (1) Harlow Sammons Racing hat; and one (1) Harlow Sammons Racing handout card autographed by Chris McGaha at the conclusion of the Contest Entry Period. At the beginning of the Contest Entry Period, the @mac4264 Twitter page will first announce the requirements for a chance to win the Harlow Sammons Racing prize pack in the following manner: Hey #NHRA fans! Retweet this, follow @mac4264 & @harlowsammons & use #HSRTexas for chance to win HSR shirt, hat, handout! The Tweet will also include a link to these terms and conditions. Winner will be announced on the @mac4264 page. Winners provide contact information via direct message.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. By submitting an Entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the requirements set forth herein. Entries must be in English. Entries must meet the following requirements: Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission; Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than entrant, without permission; Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
ENTRIES ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
5. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS: Prize: One (1) free Harlow Sammons t-shirt; one (1) free Harlow Sammons hat; one (1) free Harlow Sammons autographed handout card. There is one prize pack and one winner for this contest. Winner must accept prize as specified by Sponsor and on dates designated by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning depend of the number of eligible entries received.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, (b) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or Contest-related activities or use of the Video and (c) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements and the Entry for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason even if known in advance, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with any aspect of the Contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, or who attempt to participate with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
8. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, Contestant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action lawsuit, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the contestant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and contestant (or, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of contestants and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Texas, USA without regard to Texas choice of law rules.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, write your name and address on a 3”x5” card along with the date of the specific contest, and mail in first-class, stamped envelope to: WinLight Communications, HSRTexas Twitter Winners List, 21308 E. Cloverton St., Covina, Calif. 91724
10. SPONSOR: Harlow Sammons of Odessa, 5708 Andrews Highway
Odessa, TX 79762. Do not send correspondence to this address.